The other day, I saw a great story on Fox News. It was about a little boy who adopted a soldier overseas. After writing letters back and forth, the little boy finally got excited about school, especially reading and writing. I was intrigued by what I saw, so I checked it out. It is a great program that provides us an opportunity to thank those serving overseas by simply sending letters of encouragement and/or care packages. I thought that it was such a great program, that I adopted two soldiers! I have already sent letters and am looking forward to hearing from them. More importantly, I love that I have the opportunity to say thank you and to make a difference in a soldier's life. I encourage all of you to check out the website and if possible adopt a soldier. It seriously will only take 10 minutes of your time a week!
Here is the link:
www.adoptaussoldier.org
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment